Decklist

Sunday 31 May 2015

Shadow Paladin Stride Deck - Aurageyser / Diablo

Shadow Paladin Stride Deck - Aurageyser / Diablo

Hi guys, this is going to be my first post and it is the decklist of my current Shadow Paladin Stride deck - Aurageyser / Diablo build.

Decklist -

Grade 0 - 19

3 New Sharp Knight, David
8 Critical Triggers
4 Heal Triggers
4 Howl Owl

Grade 1 - 14

4 Karma Collector ( Unflipper Perfect Guard )
3 Night Sky Eagle
3 Knight of Yearning, Branwern ( Stride Fodder )
2 Blacked Wing Swordbreaker 
2 Darkheart Trumpeter

Grade 2 - 10

3 Dark Night Maiden, Macha
3 Comet Witch, Serva
4 Fiercebau

Grade 3 - 7

4 Sovereign Dragon, Claret Sword Dragon
3 Witch of Comets, Manisa

Grade 4 - 8

2 Sovereign Black Dragon, Aurageyser Dragon
4 Dark Dragon, Phantom Blaster "Diablo"
1 Dark Knight Efnysien
1 Blizza

Why use this card?

To be honest, I would want to play 10-12 critical triggers and 0-2 draw triggers in this deck, but I find the need to play four of this card as you have 3 different cards that requires you to soulblast in order for their skill to activate, assuming you start riding from Grade 1 to Grade 3, you would only have two souls left which I don't find enough to fuel your cards. 






This card is an excellent card as it allows you to call out certain cards depending on the situation. If your hand is small, call swordbreaker. If you need a booster, call a Night Sky Eagle. If you need cards to sacrifice for "Diablo" ability, call out your starter.






A favorite card used in many Revenger, Phantom Blaster "Abyss" decks. This card can be superior called through many different cards in your deck and get to draw a card by simply soulblasting one card. The only thing I don't like is if this card is still on the field after you superior called this using Claret's skill, using this card to boost a Grade 2 9000 Power unit wouldn't hit 16000 which is a magic number.





Just a card to superior call Grade 1 cards depending on the situation ( Like Darkheart Trumpeter ).


My favorite card <3. I like this card's stride skill, which is superior call a Grade 1 Unit from your deck and give it 2000 Power, normally on my first stride ( which I would Stride Aurageyser Dragon ), I would call Swordbreaker to increase my hand size. If you strode "Diablo" and assuming you have sacrificed your starter for Aurageyser Dragon's skill, you can superior call Darkheart Trumpeter and use its skill to superior call your starter back, provided if you did not use this card's stride skill to call out swordbreaker in your first stride turn.




A great finisher that can make your attack unguardable, forcing your opponent to eat 2 Damage, but if your opponent has small hand and you know that he don't have a Perfect Guard through his previous drive checks, you can choose not to sacrifice your opponent and just attack your opponent's Vanguard since he probably can't guard your attack.






Not going to say much about this, but a great card to instantly add 5 cards into your hand. I feel the Power Bonus doesn't make any difference since your opponent probably just eat your damage early game. Playing two of this is enough as you won't have enough soul for other cards if you play 4 of this.








Just in case, your opponent field has a lot of Rearguards, you can stride this card and give a little pressure to your opponent as they have to guard a lot or risk getting critted and lose one Rearguard ( Which is good if your opponent has low hand and you can Stride "Diablo" the next turn and kill him ).







Pros

- Massive handsize
- Constant Pressure
- Has cool looking units

Cons

- Decks out pretty easily because this deck allows you to draw a lot and keep on superior calling out units which constantly thins the deck.

Final Words

People may ask, " Why play Blaster Support when there are only 4 Blaster units ", well something called Thing Abyss existed and there are only few Revenger cards in that deck and it still worked well. That's all I got to say, see you next time. After getting many advice from people, I decided to update this deck a little, I put in Witch Vanilla Legion in it as the G3 serves as a 12000 Power beater as a Rearguard and its mate boosted either by Swordbreaker or Eagle hits magic numbers. Also, when you are about to deck out due to the constant striding, you can ride Manisa and send back your triggers back to your deck. That's all I go to say, have a nice day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I also have been testing a build involving claret sword, but I find that there is too little soul to work even with owls, and owl do tend to deck you pretty fast, so I tired out shifting to their more RG power columns focus.

    I used night sky eagle and 10k units to form 21k RG column, incase they manage to pg your VG you can still force 20k guard or take 2 dmg from crit drive checks. 10k vanilla I feel are a must in a claret sword deck, being completely dependent on GB1 to go off sucks, and 10k makes very good numbers with everything else and give good defensive power early, as well as lets you stay at G2 1 more turn for little risks.

    I also run 2 giva and 0 macha since the deck is already very tight on cb (2 per turn if claret+aura/diablo), so most you can do is get off 3 effects before you are out of CB. Fiercebau helps with this if you plan your retires properly, and give you RG pressure to SC and unflip, to replace macha. I ran 4 10k vanilla cause they make great numbers with some of the RG like swordbreaker (16k) or eagle (21k)

    I ran 3 davids in place of a G2. I even considered a 4th david just to gain easy access to claret's GB2 once my CB runs out. He is also vital to your reason you can maintain multiple turns of retire + pressure, so they are really vital.

    I save soul mostly for aurageyser. It is critical to fire off your first stride as aurageyser or efnysian. This pretty much gives you just 1 soul left and if givent he choice, i prefer calling swordbreaker since its a net +1 that doesn't make require a blaster stride(in trumpeter's case), as well as make 16k column with 10k vanilla or 10k attacker G1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really nice advice you got there, guess I have to update my deck a little!

      Delete
  2. Hey, What's up! I tried to play your type of deck and WOW! I'm impressed. At first here it was set back because I don't understand how am I going to make this happen. But after a short while, I'm swinging my hand cards like a fan in front of my rivals. Thanks for Sharing this deck build and Hope to see lots of stuff from you

    ReplyDelete